With this year’s centenary celebration of Ettore Sottsass’s birth, exhibitions and books focused on this artist’s work have made his design sensibility a topic of conversation yet again. At the forefront of recollection is Memphis. This short-lived design movement was founded by Sottsass as a collective of designers and architects. This group drew inspiration from styles like Pop Art and Art Deco to create a colorful, geometric style that is coming back onto the trend radar.
Those who have attended my recent trend seminars during the High Point furniture market or Americasmart’s Fall Design Week, have read a recent issue of The Trend Curve or have purchased my recent seminar package, Trends to Bank on for 2019™, already know my prediction that Memphis will impact not only shape and pattern, but also color going forward.
Here are a few products that are paving the way. They come from categories as diverse as lighting, furniture and tabletop.
The Trend Curve industry newsletter has educated a worldwide audience of home furnishings industry professional for almost 30 years, providing insightful and actionable color and design forecasts. Here’s what Members of The Trend Curve's subscriber family enjoy:
- 6 information-packed digital issues per year
- 20 up-to-the-minute Trend Flash™ email updates with top-line trends from important markets and trade fairs worldwide
- $100 off all our regularly priced trend and color products
- Member-only preorder savings on new releases
- Subscribers-know-first email notifications of all new products and sales
Click here to subscribe.