Michelle Lamb, Editorial Director for The Trend Curve, is in Frankfurt, Germany for Christmas World. Her topline trends are below. More details will appear in a future issue of The Trend Curve.
News from CHRISTMAS WORLD 2010:
– Purple reigned throughout the show
– Rose and Mauve often kept it company
– Navy had trend status
– Gray kept cool as a volume seller
– Browns came back in multiple values and personalities
– Dull and complex were directional for metallics
TEXTURE AND MATERIALS
– Matte and luster contrast was key
– Dimension kept a higher profile
– Embellishments bulked up or…
– …looked dusted on
– Knitted looks raced ahead
– Trims, tapes and yarn added value as well as texture
MOTIFS AND THEMES
– The word retro was used over and over again
– Looks included naive drawings
– Vintage style also got a boost
– Scandinavian looks were everywhere
– Eco trends added targeted color
– Russian themes had more play as a secondary story
UPDATE: For a detailed look at this show and its important Christmas trends, you can SAVE $100 as a Member on the recently released Trend Album™: Christmas World 2010 which you can read about, see a sample of and order here.
This enticing CD-ROM features more than 160 full-color images with plenty of bullet-point details. ONLY $375 for Members and note that you can SAVE another $25 and Shipping & Handling if you choose the Digital Download option.