Michelle Lamb, Editorial Director, is in Paris for the September edition is the Maison & Objét trade fair. Her top trends are below.
You can read more about what mattered most at Maison & Objét in the next issue of The Trend Curve, but for the most detailed coverage, preorder Trend Album: Maison & Objét September 2018. This report will provide bullet-point details and more than 125 images to show you which colors, materials, finishes, icons and themes were new at the fair. The preorder price of $295.00 is available ONLY to our subscriber family and until Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
Read the next issue of The Trend Curve for even more detail. Noteworthy in Paris:
- The orange family exploded in types and personalities
- Expanding butterscotch allowed yellows to nudge up to oranges
- Green’s forward march relied heavily on olive
- Burgundy and warmer Bordeaux pushed ahead
- Petrol was the blue that mattered
- Camel kept popping up
MATERIALS AND TEXTURES
- Exotic woods got a boost
- Fossilized and terrazzo types energized marble
- Velvet dominated fabrics as corduroy textures hinted at a larger role
- Cane took off
- Linen textures impacted hard materials more than ever
- Within the ongoing sea of matte textures, glossy surfaces started to look good again
ICONS AND THEMES
- Flowers grew even more important
- The first hint of a camo revival was seen
- Dreamy landscapes allowed watercolor techniques to evolve
- African influences proved to be unstoppable
- Art Deco looks grew again
- References to the Great Dutch Masters remained incoming
How to Preorder
- Use this members-only link to preorder here on our website: https://tdcv.us/2QgNED0
The Fine Print
- A shipping and handling fee does not apply. This is a digital-download order.
- Availability date is on or before September 28, 2018 and you will be notified by email with instructions.
- Member preorder offer ends Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
- Offer does not apply to previous transactions.