Trend Flash is exclusively for members of The Trend Curve™ subscriber family with immediate updates from major markets and trade shows around the globe. Michelle Lamb, Editorial Director for The Trend Curve, was in High Point for the semi-annual Showtime textiles market.
Her top-line trends are below.
- Cool greens caused excitement
- Blues added a touch of green, even for navy
- Fuchsia advanced
- Oxblood was newer
- Complex purples were on-trend
- Emerging light mid-tone values looked fresh
MATERIALS AND TEXTURES
- Texture meant everything
- Women’s got thicker, heavier
- Metallic effects added a hint of luster
- This was as true for leather as for fabric
- Cotton chenille showed the first signs of a revival
- Makers reported strong linen sales, even though fewer linen looks debuted
THEMES AND MOTIFS
- Ikats effects remained a key story
- Lattice and fretwork repeats demonstrated relative tendencies
- Water-looks color went beyond florals
- Asian references were a developing story
- Whimsical designs got more attention
- Observed: An uptick in damasks.