Michelle Lamb, Editorial Director for The Trend Curve, is in High Point for this semi-annual textiles market. Her top trends are below:
- The market couldn’t stop buzzing about pink.
- Dark blues were everywhere.
- Spa blue cleaned up and re-emerged.
- Orange had an impact in shades from coral to clay.
- Dark gray nudged black aside.
- Pastel values had lots of support.
MATERIALS AND TEXTURES
- Shimmer took center stage.
- A dry counter-trend came from chenille pops.
- Distressed textures, woven or printed, surged.
- Bulky constructions continued to add value.
- A blurry character softened lots of patterns.
- Digital prints advanced slowly.
THEMES AND PATTERNS
- The term “New Traditional” kept coming up.
- Global style was on a tear.
- Pixelated patterns meant a lot.
- Plaids were re-imagined.
- Paisleys persisted.
- Geometrics took a nosedive.