There is no question that details and embellishments are returning to the forefront of home-décor trend. That's because they fit with a number of concurrently rising trends: mixed media, texture, dimension, pattern. As part of that shift, a button revival has begun. These are not necessarily the buttons you find in button tufting, although there is certainly plenty of that technique to be found. Some buttons are standing in for nail-head treatments. Others are moving up front to create shapes and motifs that become unexpected focal points and will give products key-item status.
Whether vintage or everyday, flashy or simple, covered or plain, printed or real, buttons are hinting at a much broader—and a far more interesting—role going forward. Only a few products with the new approach to button details have emerged so far, but many more are expected by early 2017.
What other details are on-trend for 2017? Read The Trend Curve to find out! For over 25 years, The Trend Curve has been the industry's most-trusted source of color and design forecasts and information. Become a Member of The Trend Curve's subscriber family to get the full benefit of our expertise:
- 6 information-packed digital issues per year
- Up-to-the-minute Trend Flash™ email updates with top-line trends from important markets and trade fairs worldwide
- Access to the Members-only private blog
- $100 off all our regularly priced trend reports and color forecasts—everyday
- Member-only pre-order savings on new releases
- Subscribers-know-first email notifications of all new products and sales
Click here to subscribe.