Embroidery, or its look, was everywhere at the recent Showtime decorative-textiles market. That means consumers can expect to see lots of embroidered look on sofas, chairs, ottomans and cushions at retail in the second half of 2016. The types of designs featured will be diverse. Subjects will range from expected birds and florals to coastal icons, abstract scenics and regimented geometrics.
Most embroidery techniques seen on new Showtime fabrics featured stitches that offered lots of breathing room, so it seemed that each individual stitch could be seen. Other looks, however, presented filled-in satin-stitch effects. Cording, which has been emerging for about a year, was another factor. There were a few wild cards, too, like French knots (Sunbury) and using Tyvek® (yes, the same air-and-water barrier used in home construction) as a ground, in place of a woven or printed fabric (Braemore).
Take a look at some of Showtime‘s embroideries below, then watch to see which furniture companies feature them at the upcoming High Point furniture market in April of 2016.
There are more posts from Showtime and other key home-interiors markets and trade fairs on the Members blog. If you are a Member, just log in to read these actionable forecasts filled with trend insights that The Trend Curve is known for. If not, consider becoming a Member of The Trend Curve‘s subscriber family! Here are a few other benefits you’ll receive:
- 6 information-packed digital issues per year
- Up-to-the-minute Trend Flash™ email updates with top-line trends from important markets and trade fairs worldwide
- Access to the Members-only private blog
- $100 off all our regularly priced trend and color products
- Member-only pre-order savings on new releases
- Subscribers-know-first email notifications of all new products and sales
Click here to subscribe.