Ranging from as early as Valentine’s Day to the 4th of July, spring and summer not only contain seven notable holidays, but also lots of gift-and-card-giving occasions. Mother's Day is now the 2nd biggest gift-giving holiday, after Christmas. Father's Day is gaining ground with expenditures on dads estimated to hit roughly $14.3 billion this year (we're betting on lots of gifts in 2017 for Dad's home bar). And even St. Patrick's Day is demanding a new generation of decor with fresher greens, as well as updated prints and icons.
Every year brings the challenge of capturing the latest trends in your assortment development. So, here are a few tips from The Trend Curve's Spring Forward 2017 color-and-trend forecast to inspire your collections for next year:
• Blues will make spring and summer pop in new ways
• Black teams with pastels for a fresh take on Easter designs
• It’s time to dress up seaside looks with luxury
• Expect Independence Day to throw back to the 1800s
• Mother’s Day takes a tropical turn
There is so much more on the trend scene for spring and summer! Find out what else is coming in Spring Forward 2017.