OK, I’ll admit it. With a last name like Lamb I’ve had a predisposition to loving these soft, wooly creatures all of my life—I’ve got a thing for lambs.
But you don’t have to be one of my siblings or cousins to recognize that there are more lamb and sheep in the market now than there have ever been before.
Sheep and baby lambs are showing up in kid’s products, such as bedding and mobiles. Their fluffy forms provide the perfect balance for graphic, black-and-white imagery that is creating a new, soft-modern look. Sheep have popped up more often for Christmas, and not just in vignettes near the manger. Spring décor has seen an increase in sheep, too (see the August issue of The Trend Curve for more on this). In fact, they are forecasted to be one factor in the decline of rabbits over the coming two years.
In fabric, paper, ceramic, sisal, moss, wood and just about every other material you can think of, these soft-and-fluffy animals are incoming, especially for 2018.
To learn about more trends for 2017 and 2018, subscribe to The Trend Curve newsletter! Here are a few other benefits you’ll receive:
- 6 information-packed digital issues per year
- 20 up-to-the-minute Trend Flash™ email updates with top-line trends from important markets and trade fairs worldwide
- $100 off all our regularly priced trend and color products
- Member-only preorder savings on new releases
- Subscribers-know-first email notifications of all new products and sales
Click here to subscribe.