Pigs aren’t just for Easter dinner anymore. Their likenesses have made an entrance throughout a number of home-décor categories in the past couple years. Let out of their pen by the growing farm-to-table trend, the slow procession of pigs started with adorable piglets. Now pigs of all types and sizes are poised to run full boar into home décor throughout 2016 and into 2017.
Pigs have already had an impact on items like pancake shapers, lids and tea infusers, establishing a foothold in the kitchen. Dressed-up pigs, covered in metallic, are cropping up in family rooms, as well as in kitchens. What’s next? Mounted pig heads will keep equally watchful eyes over hearths and play areas. This as pigs join in the trophy trend that is emerging not only for adults, but also for kids. (Soft trophies were a huge trend at the recent Kind & Jugend trade fair in Cologne.)
And, being natural hams, pigs are sure to be spotlighted at Easter as gravy boats, platters or flower-filled centerpieces.
There’s just no telling where the winding pig path may lead, but it’s a pretty sure bet that the growing fondness for pigs will inspire products that really help bring home the bacon!
For access to exclusive posts containing more of the actionable forecasts and trend information that The Trend Curve is known for, become a Member of The Trend Curve‘s subscriber family! Here are a few other benefits you’ll receive:
- 6 information-packed digital issues per year
- Up-to-the-minute Trend Flash™ email updates with top-line trends from important markets and trade fairs worldwide
- Access to the Members-only private blog
- $100 off all our regularly priced trend and color products
- Member-only pre-order savings on new releases
- Subscribers-know-first email notifications of all new products and sales
Click here to subscribe.