Since silicone first appeared on the scene, it has become increasingly apparent that it can be much more than a simple cupcake mold or a ho-hum hot pad. No wonder it is moving into a range of other uses. Here are some of The Trend Curve’s favorites—including an update on the hot pad.
- Tati pendants from Arturo Alvarez. Notice that the fabulous texture, which mimics loosely woven linen, only shades the light, and does not block it.
- The Nico snack bowl from Leonardo. You can pick up this glass bowl by its flexible silicone handle to move it from place to place. Handy!
- Tricot Décor by Silkomart. This silicone mat helps you create sugar lace and crochet decorations for cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- Collapsible teakettle from Ricco. We have already seen collapsible measuring cups and colanders, but a teakettle is a genius next step for both heat-resistant and space-saving functionalities.
- Spruceware Cocktail glass by Spruce. This glass offers a new level of function and durability in a squishable, packable, dishwasher-safe and unbreakable form. You can literally throw them in a picnic basket or on the patio table.
- Stretch trivets from Monkey Business. We may be right back where we started—with hot pads—but these shapes are so much more fun than boring discs and squares!